This guide will highlight the main reasons why auto-generated prefill URLs fail to generate and how you can troubleshoot and resolve the issue. Below, are the potential error messages and issues you may run into and how you can resolve them.
- Records created in Salesforce manually (aka not from a form) are not generating a URL
- The following error message appears: Oops! Something went wrong when attempting to enable auto-prefill for your form. This may be due to some validation rules on your primary object.
- Clicking the Update button never generates prefilled URLs
Records created in Salesforce manually (aka not from a form) are not generating a Prefilled URL
Included with your Salesforce App is a Permission Set called Formstack Utility Permissions. Assign this Permission Set to any and all users who are expected to create records that include prefilled URLs. This will give your users the necessary permissions that will allow the auto-generated prefill feature to fire when they create a new record in Salesforce.
For more information on how to assign Permission Sets, please review this article from Salesforce here.
Records created in Salesforce manually (aka not from a form) are not generating a Prefilled URL and I have assigned the Utility Permissions Set.
Sometimes, certain Process Builders or Flows can prevent our Prefill feature from creating the necessary Apex Trigger to generate prefill URLs. We recommend temporarily disabling the automation, and completely turning off the prefill feature. Then, turn the prefill feature back on again to generate the Apex Trigger.
The following error message appears: Oops! Something went wrong when attempting to enable auto-prefill for your form. This may be due to some validation rules on your primary object.
If you receive this error message, it usually means either your primary object has Validation Rules or has multiple required Lookup Fields causing prefill to fail. This is because these features can be too complicated for the auto-generated prefill to accommodate.
To resolve this issue, you may need to temporarily turn off any Validation Rules and/or make any required Lookup Fields not required.
If you are unable to do the above, you may be able to write your own Apex Trigger to generate the prefilled URLs. This will be something you need to develop on your own, though we may be able to connect you to a Partner who can build this trigger if you do not have a Developer on staff.
Clicking the Update button never generates prefilled URLs
If you click the update button to generate the URLs and nothing appears to happen, we recommend you check the following:
- Please ensure the URL field for Prefilling is only used with one form. At this time, we recommend one URL field per form you want to prefill.
- If you are using the standard List View that looks at All records, try using a Custom List View. This List View can still look at all records.
- It might be possible that Support needs to help adjust the number of records we process at a time. Sometimes, if the number is too large it can time out. If you have tried all of the above in this article and still cannot generate the prefill, please submit a Support Request and we will check this setting.