In this article, we will demonstrate how with just a couple clicks, you can set up your community form to prefill data from a Lightning Record List component
Remote Site Settings
Remote Site settings can be set up from the Formstack App Admin Settings Panel. If there are issues with prefill on your Community forms, you can confirm these settings are properly set by following these directions.
For the purpose of this article, we've already built our form. So now, let's publish it, and navigate to our publishing options.
From here, simply enable Dynamic Prefill, and you will be presented with some new options
On your primary object, you will see the ability to select your Prefill source. We'll select the Record List option. Once it has been set up, hit Save Prefill.
Record Detail Page in Community
Now that Prefill in place, you'll want to place your Formstack form on a Lightning Record Detail Page in your Salesforce Community.
You can place the Formstack component on any record detail page: standard, custom or the default Record Detail page used for objects that do not have their own Record Detail pages created. The standard lightning components can be kept or removed from the page.
If you have not created a Record Detail page and would like to, see Create Custom Pages with Community Builder.
When you select a record from a Lightning Record List or Related List component or any record detail link/button, your Formstack form will now appear on the Record Details page and be prefilled with details from the primary object and other related objects.
If you need more information on how to embed your Community Form inside a Salesforce Community check out this support document.
Setting up Remote Site Settings for Prefill
Get the community URL where you are going to add lightning component.
- Go to Setup> [Quick find] All Communities
- You will see list of communities in your org. See screenshot below.
- Copy the link text listed under URL section of your community. (e.g. https://yourcommunity.na59.force.com/mycommunity)
Whitelist the URL so that Formstack can make REST API calls through that URL.
- Go to Setup> [Quick find] Remote Site Settings
- Just confirm if the community domain is listed here.
- If not, then click on New and do the following:
- Remote Site Name: i.e. FormstackUrls_CommunitySite
- Remote Site URL : <Community Site URL' Domain> i.e. https://yourcommunity.na59.force.com
- Description: Community site base url for Formstack app to make REST API accessible to community prefill feature
- If your form is Admin Context then you also need to add login.salesforce.com or test.salesforce.com
- If you are using custom domain then you need to consider that domain for whitelisting
For more information regarding Remote Site Settings, please see the article linked here.