Formstack provides several methods to create documents with your data. This short guide explains the different methods and when it is best to use them.
Use this method if you are using the Formstack Salesforce App for collecting data through forms or surveys and you would like to create a PDF of your submission that looks exactly like your form and contains all submission data.
Formstack Documents Integration
Use this method if you are using the Formstack Salesforce App for collecting data through forms or surveys and you would like to create a professional looking document that is managed independently of your form. Requires Formstack Documents.
- Document templates live in the Formstack Documents product.
- Generate a PDF, Word, Excel or PowerPoint document.
- Save the generated document to any of the Salesforce submission records automatically (Primary, non-repeating Child, Lookup).
- Generate multiple document merges concurrently from the same submission.
- Trigger over 40+ integrations for delivering generated documents.
Formstack Documents can be used independently of the Forms product to create professional documents that contain data from Salesforce.
Use this method if
- You are not using forms to collect data and the data already resides in Salesforce. You can use manual buttons or automated Salesforce processes to trigger document creation and delivery.
- You are using forms to collect data, but have additional complexity such as a manual approval process or data cleaning between form submission and document creation/delivery. You would use Formstack Salesforce App for data collection into Salesforce and process builder to trigger subsequent document creation and delivery according to criteria you define.
Formstack Documents can be used directly through the website or by also downloading our AppExchange app for added capabilities and convenience.